In this guide we are going to walk through setting up your Purely.Domains registered domain names with Cloudflare. This can be done two ways, either linking up an existing Cloudflare account or setting up a new Cloudflare account during the checkout process.
- Have a domain name you wish to use.
- If you already have a Cloudflare account, you need to temporarily disable 2fa (Two factor authentication) to link the account to Purely.domains. This can be re-enabled once linked up.
- When adding a adding a Purely.domains domain name to the Cloudflare service the nameservers are automatically changed. Any DNS setting will need to be duplicated over.
Adding the Cloudflare service:
- Place an order for the Cloudflare service from the main menu, Click Services, CDN/Proxy Service, Add New Service then select the Cloudflare product, Click Order now.
You will now be presented with the domain configuration screen. Complete the following:
- Enter the domain name you wish to use this service with.
- Enter the IP address of the server you wish to point this domain name to. Other DNS records can be setup later.
- Enter either your existing Cloudflare account email address & password, or if you do not have a Cloudflare account you can create one by entering a new email address and password. The username can be left blank in both cases.
- Click Continue.
- This is a free product, so just click Checkout on the next page, choose your payment method, agree to the Terms of Service and click Complete Order.
- Once approved you can move on to setting up your domain name with the service.
Setting up your domain name to make use of Cloudflare:
- Once successfully linked up, you will receive an email [Cloudflare]: Your Cloudflare account has been linked with Pipe Ten Hosting Ltd.
- You should now see your domain added within the domains list of the Cloudflare service product, the status should show Pending.
- If the domain name is managed with Purely.Domains, the nameservers will automatically get updated to the correct Cloudflare nameservers.
- If the domain name is external to Purely.domains, see below for finding the new nameservers for your domain.
Note: Any existing DNS settings that are present on the domain WILL NOT be duplicated across. These will need to be re-setup within the Cloudflare DNS section.
- If you Click the green cog icon under the Action heading to see what your nameservers should be. You will see these under the heading Cloudflare Nameservers.
- Once the nameservers have been set, you should receive an email from Cloudflare letting you know the setup is successfully completed; [Cloudflare]: yourdomain.co.uk has been added to a Cloudflare Free Plan.
You will also see the domain status is active in your control panel.
Adding additional domain names:
If you wish to add more Purely.domains registered domains to the Cloudflare service, this can be simply done from within the product management page.
- While viewing the product page, under the heading Manage Domain, enter the new domain you wish to add and click the + icon.